Ghostwriting | Editing | Self-Publishing
In just a few short years, self-published or ‘indie’ books have soared in number. While it’s a good solution for many authors it still needs to be handled wisely and professionally. Unfortunately, many would-be authors think self-published is synonymous with ‘do-it-yourself’ and end up with disappointing results.
Recently I was talking with a writer who was finishing up her book. Her excitement was contagious, she had set a goal, and it was nearly accomplished! Just a chapter or two to go and she would be finished. While it was a worthy goal and an accomplishment that deserved merit, it broke my heart to tell her there were many more steps ahead for her writing to actually be a published book.
Are you looking for a way to rise above the constant tweets, posts, and chatter to attract clients or customers that are serious about doing business with you?
The best way is by positioning yourself as a subject matter expert – and the most effective way to do that is with the title “Author.”
A book is like a super-charge business card, establishing your credibility to prospects and clients 24/7. You can leverage it so many ways:
- as an introduction
- an education tool for prospects or clients
- a qualification component
- incentive or thank you gift
- a springboard to new opportunities such as consulting, speaking, or media appearances
Many business owners and entrepreneurs know the power of a book, but don’t know how to create a clear strategy and message that gets results. They may even begin writing a book, only to get stuck or frustrated in the process and abandon the idea.
So how do you write a book when you are busy running your business?
There are several ways you can shorten the distance between concept and completion:
- Have a professional writer and self-publishing expert (like Susan) create the content, format the book, and self-publish for you.
- Write your own content with ongoing guidance from an expert who will guide you through the steps on strategy, content, and self-publishing.
- Learn how to do it yourself with Susan’s 5-Week course to Prepare, Polish, Publish, Promote and Profit from your book.
“Proofread carefully to see if you any words out” – Dave Barry
Nothing’s more embarrassing than finding your errors after you’ve gone to print or hit the publish button. Careful editing and proofreading is essential to presenting your material as professionally as possible.
I require a sample chapter prior to quoting my fee for editing services. All material is held in strict confidence and protected by your copyright.
Editing services include:
- This is a deep edit for flow, clarity and readability.
- Is the concept clear?
- Does the material stay on topic?
- Strictly limited to spelling, grammar, and syntax.
- eyes on the page final review for omissions and typographical errors.
I offer self-publishing services and coaching to help you be sure you’ve done all you can to present your book as polished and professionally as possible. This includes:
- Ideal reader development
- Genre, category and sub-category
- Format selection
- ISBN procurement
- Copyright and Library of Congress Control Number (LCCN)
- Amazon Author Page creation
- Interior text design including font selection
- File formatting and upload
- How to repurpose content
- and more.
If you’ve never self-published before, or if you have and found it too overwhelming, hand off the detail work to ASAP Writing Services.
Ready to forge ahead and do it yourself? Get a copy of my special guide “Self-Publishing Surprises”
If you have questions about your writing project, schedule a 15-minute strategy session with me.